From: John Green [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 9:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: TACACS+ [7:39297]

is the Cisco Secure ACS server a TACAS+ server ?

ie the pix is acting as a tacas+ client to the ACS
server ? is that correct ?
if yes, then the protocol for user authentication and
later access-control between the pix and ACS server
called as TACAS+ protocol ? is this correct ?

lastly if pix is our permiter firewall and set for
aaa, then can we say that the pix is also a NAS,
network access server ? would that be correct to say,
atleast in this scenario where users connect to pix to
say access a web server behind or protected by the
pix.

> ""Kent Hundley""  wrote in message
> > IMO, the best way to study TACACS+ is to download
> the free TACACS+ server
> > from Cisco, install it on Linux and play around
> with it.  You'll learn
> much
> > more about how TACACS+ works by implementing it
> and trying different
> things
> > than any WP (it helps a lot if you have a router
> to work with as well).
> If
> > your goal is to learn CiscoSecure ACS, download an
> eval copy of that and
> > install it on Windows and play around.  Either
> way, you'll learn quite a
> bit
> > about AAA and Cisco.
> >
> > Regards,