Hello Folks,

In ISDN configuration, there is an option to use hostname in the mapping
command.  For example,

rtrA:

dialer map ip 138.2.80.2 name rtrB broadcast 2005

rtrB:

dialer map ip 138.2.80.1 name rtrA broadcast 2004

What is the main purpose of using the remote hostnames in the mapping
commands.  I have tried all combination and it works just fine without it.

If I remove name from one side, I would still be able ping between each
other and vice versa.
If I remove name from the both sides, I would still be able to ping.

Tried CCO, but no real explanation.

Regards,

Ali