It is my pleasure to announce that I passed the CSPFA this morning with a
good score.

During the examination, I was beginning to doubt that I would pass. Some of
the questions were worded very weird, and there were about 4-5 that I simply
did not understand the meaning of.

My recommendations to those of you who wish to attend this exam are as
follows:

1)      A Cisco PIX Firewall.

You can get a cheap 501 with DES for less than $400.- and one with 3DES for
less than $500.-  Goto www.cnet.com and search, and they will show you the
best prices. You might be lucky to find one on eBay for less, but it's still
a relatively new model.

2)      A Cisco Router with 2 ethernet interfaces.

If you look hard enough, you can probably find a 2514 for about $300.- on
eBay. It won't (as far as I know) do all the auth-proxy functions, so if you
need them, you might want to look for a 2600 model instead.

3)      Cisco Connection Online (CCO).

This is still the best place to search for information about everything you
need to know.

4)      CiscoPress' Cisco Secure PIX Firewalls.

This official coursebook covers everything you need to know.

5)      Boson's Practice Test(s).

I can strongly recommend the CSPFA test # 1, written by Bernard Omrani.
These tests are only $39.95 each, and they helped me to test myself to see
if I was ready for the exam or not.

Some of you might have questions about the exam itself, but since I signed
the NDA, I cannot really answer those.

Good luck to you all - I will click 'SEND' and open the next book :-)

Have a great Easter weekend,

Ole

 Ole Drews Jensen
 Systems Network Manager