Here are some answers:

""Urooj's Hi-speed Internet""  wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
> Can someone please answer my following questions regarding various IEEE
> Standards that have been advanced to enhance the Spanning Tree Protocol:
>
> 1. Has some vendor implemented the 802.1V, 802.1W, and 802.1X standards in
> their equipment ?

Sure, some vendors have implemented it.  Not just any vendor, but most
notably, Cisco has partially implemented 802.1w in the 6500, the 4000, and
related switches. 802.1x has been implemented into several of the lower-end
Cat switches, Ciscosecure ACS, and should be integrated into the 4000/6000
shortly.  As far as other vendors are concerned, I believe Foundry has
implemented 802.1w in some of its higher-end products. Enterasys too.  Some
of the authentication server vendors like Funk support 802.1x also.   Most
of the wireless LAN vendors support or have announced that they are
implementing support of 802.1x into their gear..   As far as 802.1v is
concerned, I don't think any of the larger vendors have shown any interest,
leaving it to small players like Marvell and others.

> 2. If yes, then has it resulted in addition of more switching commands to
> augment STP implementation ?

I take it you are talking only about 802.1w (dot1v and dot1x have nothing to
do with STP).  Not really, at least not yet, because the present-day
implementations are not flexible at all.  Foundry has commands to turn RSTP
on and off.  Cisco has completely integrated RSTP into MST and has no
special RSTP commands.  I expect this to change in the future as vendors
integrate more tuning features.

> 3. With STP enhancements, is there a possibility that Ethernet networks
can
> rival SONET's restoration times of 50msec or less in practical reality ?

Probably not at the moment.  802.1w offers significantly faster failover,
but not that fast. It definitely helps, though, and combined with other
features might indeed offer SONET-like restoration.