From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 5:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 2611 Flash image install [7:40127]

Hi,

I just bought a 16MB Flash memory and I am trying to install an IOS
image on it. However when I put in the memory and turn the 2611 on, it
gives me the following error:

device does not contain a valid magic number
boot: cannot open "flash:"
boot: cannot determine first file name on device "flash:"

I looked up cco, which says it is because "The Flash is empty or the
filesystem is corrupted". The solution is to copy a valid image to it.
The problem is that I cannot get to router (boot)> mode, I cannot format
the flash memory, and I tried the "tftpdnld" in rommon > mode, it copied
the file ok, but has a "bad checksum comparison" error. (I guess I have
to format the flash), so how can I get the image into Flash?

Thanks for your help.

Roger