From: William Lijewski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 6:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: AS-Path Filtering in Confederations? [7:40249]

Can you filter out certain confederations (in the main AS) using AS-Path
access-lists?  I don't think that it's possible since they are technically
in one big main AS.  I have also tried it to no avail, but the thing that
makes me think it may be able to be done is if I do a show bgp regexp ^$ it
shows just my routes local to my confederation, not anyone elses.  I've
looked on CCO without any luck.

Can someone tell me if this is possible or not?

Thanks.

Example:

(65001) - (65002) - (65003)

I want to filter so that confederation 65003 does not see any routes that
originated in confederation 65001 using AS-Path Access-Lists.