From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
John Neiberger
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 1:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: what does 0 in 0Xnnnn mean? [7:40372]

I think the question is what does the '0' specifically refer to?  We
know that 0x indicates hex, but I'm guessing he's asking why we don't
simply use x instead of 0x, or d for octal instead of 0d.

Speaking of that, why is octal 0d?  I'd think that 'd' should mean
decimal.

John

>>> "Persio Pucci"  4/3/02 2:16:55 PM >>>
That indicates that the notation in use is hexadecimal for the
registry
number i.e. 0x2102 set the registry bits to 10000100000010

Persio