> Now I tried to research the reason for that and really didn't
> find any.

It is done because ISDN lines are considered two physical paths that are
bonded together using PPP multilink or Cisco's proprietary bonding.  If you
don't disable route caching then the tcp/ip conversation will always be
switched out the same physical path (your big download will only use 1/2 of
the 128k connection).  It's easy to test that...just remove it sometime.

no-fair queue appears to be the default for asynchronous interfaces on the
later versions of IOS.  To be honest, I'm not certain why FIFO offers better
performance than WFQ would on asynch lines; I can't find a good explanation
on CCO right now.