The router will "bridge" all traffic on those interfaces EXCEPT IP. If you
want to bridge IP you disable IP routing or use CRB or IRB which lets you
configure your choice of bridge/route per protocol per interface (in the
case of IRB you route into the bridge group via the BVI.

Anthony Pace

""timothy thielen""  wrote in message
> I believe you are right...  You are working on a ROUTER, therefore, it
> prefers to ROUTE ROUTABLE traffic.  If you take the ROUTING option away,
> then it will attempt other configured methods of forwarding traffic.
>
> --Tim
>
> Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:
> >
> > At 11:50 AM 4/6/02, nntp.groupstudy.com wrote:
> > >I put two FA interfaces into same bridge group, and enable
> > bridge protocol
> > >ieee.  There is not IP address configured on the bridge port.
> > But it will
> > >not
> > >bridge any IP traffic unless I disable IP routing on the router
> >
> > I think that's normal. If you want to bridge IP, you must
> > disable IP
> > routing because IP routing is enabled by default. See this:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fibm
_c/bcfpart1/bcftb.htm#xtocid30