Thanks for getting back to me.

So u are saying that any routes that is originated from AS 300 will be
assigned with a BGP Local_Pref of 400, while all other traffic will be given
a Local_Pref of 150?

But wouldn't this set all inbound routes from AS 300 to have a Local_pref of
400, instead of just the default route (0/0)?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Hunt Lee

""pankaj kulkarni""  wrote in message
> You could use a route map along with the neighbour command to set the
local
> preferance.The configuration should be similar to that below.
>

> RTD#
> router bgp 256
> neighbor 3.3.3.4 remote-as 300
> neighbor 3.3.3.4 route-map setlocalin in

> ip as-path access-list 7 permit ^300$
> ..
> route-map setlocalin permit 10
> match as-path 7
> set local-preference 400
> route-map setlocalin permit 20
> set local-preference 150
>

> "Hunt Lee" wrote:
>

> Can a default route (0/0) learned from another AS be assigned a BGP
> Local_Preference? My understanding is that a default route can be assigned
> an "Admin Dist" to setup a preference between multiple default routes, but
> not by Local_Pref. I tried to look on Internet Routing Arch (by Halabi)
but

http://email.indiatimes.com