Starting with 5.0 version access-lists were introduces for the PIX
Firewall. All codes do support conduits.

-- Lidiya White

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 1:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: PIX upgrading? [7:41070]

Thanks, Patrick.  I already have a des key.

I didn't know 5.3 supported acls and 6.x handles
conduits.  I did a PIX upgrade a long time ago and I
remember it being a snap, I think the same box from
4.4 to 5.3.

--- Patrick Ramsey
wrote:
> we're not using frag guard but upgrading sftware is
> a snap...
>
> with failover config it is a couple'a more steps but
> with a single firewall, ther's nothing to it!
>
> The registration for des and 3des is tied to the
> serial number so a software upgrade should use the
> same key.
>
> watch wrap!

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_61/config/
upgrade.htm