[to maintainers of the list: it seems that something gets confused in
software if something thaty looks like html is used]

        You do following on the router:

logging NameOrIpOfLinuxBox
logging trap debug             ! choose different level as you desire
logging facility local1        ! choose different facility as you desire

        On Linux box:

1. make sure that you have syslog running with "-r" (and "-h", if desired -
see man syslogd) switch
2. edit /etc/syslog.conf and add:

local1.*[tab]/var/log/router.log

        Note: [tab] is actual tab character, not n number of spaces.

Marko.