Isn't PAT and overloading the same thing?

-----Original Message-----
From: David C Prall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 10:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: About IOS question [7:41031]

I've got an 806 that does this. It overloads the external ethernet
interface
for PAT. It supports the Firewall feature set. And it supports PPPoE.
I'm
currently running 12.2(2)XI1, but I'm not using PPPoE. I have a friend
who
has the same setup but is using PPPoE.

Using the Software Advisor
http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/CompNav/Index.pl?Introduction=True
You should be able to find what you are looking for, I used a 2600 as an
example and came up with 12.2(2)T as the first release supporting PPPoE,
Firewall, and NAT.

David C Prall [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://dcp.dcptech.com