Howard,

Just my opinion, but...

I still do not use the pre-configs for any of the new commercial labs that I
have.

I believe building the address schemes & figuring out how to summarize with
them is a vital component.

I understand why they are not on the actual lab, but for learning purposes I
would say make the user worry about the addressing & masking.

Dan

At 4:19 PM -0400 4/19/02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Hello Howard,
>
>Please do not get upset from me but this topic should not be posted. As far
>as I know, all the individuals who participate in this email list have one
>goal, gaining the CCIE cert. It is not a place to develop a business plane,
>it is not a place to market a business and it is not a place to solicit
>opinions in things other than knowledge required to attain the CCIE cert.
>From you writing, it sounds like you are very educated man, so please accept
>my criticism. Good luck.

I would ask you to read my posting again.  The purpose is
noncommercial and was cleared with the list owner first, with the
understanding that scenarios would be available FREE.  Note that I do
_not_ sell scenarios.

It's not quite correct to say that all the individuals that
participate in the list are attempting to gain the CCIE cert.  There
are many people who already have the cert, answering questions and
attempting to help candidates.  There are other people with extensive
experience, such as Priscilla and myself, that attempt to help people.

If material in this discussion helped a direct competitor produce
more useful scenarios, I'd be delighted!  Many people complain that
some of the study products are not ideal.  By having this discussion
in the open, EVERYONE who produces scenarios can learn to improve
their products. By products, incidentally, I include free scenarios
that are available from several sites.

>To quote you, "it is not a place to solicit
opinions in things other than knowledge required to attain the CCIE
cert." I agree. That knowledge includes how to study for it.

There are many informal study groups where the members write
scenarios for each other, in their mutual study. Would they not
benefit from the community wisdom of how to design good scenarios for
learning, and also that there is no one way that is best for everyone?