It definitely possible to run a phone survey with IPIVR and CallManger.
Right now, IPIVR cannot record speech (that'll be next version, I beleive)
and converting that speech to text and storing it a database would be around
the next corner.  But for caller entered digits (ie touchtones), and
scripted survey questions, IPIVR can definitely do that.

The trick, of course, is setting it up in a flexible enough configuration so
that the local administrator can adapt it to whatever survey they want run.
Chances are someone has already done this, but I don't know who.

I know we can do it here.  I'm a CallManager guy, and I don't know the
backend of the IVR well enough to integrate with a database, but we have
people who do.  If you want to check it out, visit www.spanlink.com