As I understand it, you are talking about IP forwarding based upon the
application which requires rewriting the layer 3 header.  Routers typically
dont rewrite layer 3 headers (save for NAT/PAT), layer 4 devices do...

If I'm not mistaken, NAT/PAT rewrites only source addresses/port, but not
destination addresses/port.

It sounds like these lookups traverse your firewall, in which case I'd
suggest an application proxy for DNS (or just caching DNS) could be set to
forward all lookups to an alternate destination DNS server.   This would
rewrite the layer 3 header destination address.

Option 2 is setting internal DNS servers to resolve to a different external
DNS server

And, option 3 is perform a planned change on the client DHCP scope with the
alternate address for the DNS resolution.

Andy