I have to allow an external techinician to work on a third-party application
on my server.
Two options: Use connection through Modem or VPN Client (Cisco 3000
Concentrator).

I would go with the VPN account, and then at the end of the support work I
would disable the GuestTech account and change its password.

My co-worker argues that he doesn't want to grant VPN account to the techGuy
because that would release our VPN server name and configuration to the
external technician.
So my co-worker prefers that the tech guys sticks to the slow modem
solution.

Your thoughts ?