Ah yes, security through obscurity. ;-)

If I would have had to guess, I would have guessed you were using one of the
following VPN products:

1) Cisco
2) Checkpoint
3) Nortel

I would have started with Cisco and assumed either a VPN concentrator or a
PIX. (in your case, I would have hit the first try)

And, let me guess, your using ESP only (no AH) in tunnel mode with a shared
secret, not certificates.

If I knew what company you worked for, I could probably find your VPN server
with a quick scan. If nothing else, I could just attempt an ISAKMP
connection on every IP address in your range and see what responds.

Bottom line, your not providing your vendor with any information they
couldn't find with a few minutes worth of work if they wanted to.  I _would_
create the vendor their own group with their own shared secret, no reason to
give them something they can't obtain on their own, but the information your
revealing is nothing that is not publically attainable.

In any case, unless you have a password protected modem, by using a modem
your creating an unauthenticated, probably unaudited backdoor into your
network via modem access, which is never a good idea.  Concentrate your
resources on monitoring the doors you do allow and be draconian in
eliminating all others.

HTH,
Kent