Has anybody out there dealt with one of these scenarios?!?!

ComCast customer wanting to hook up their PIX 501 to their CableModem, and
use either DHCP, or a "Static" address on the outside interface; NAT and
Dynamic VPN configuration to connect back to HQ PIX also is in this picture.

I spent several hours trying to get the PIX to work, but got intermittent
failure in Ping tests, traceroutes from inside workstation, and extremely
slow and mostly failed http requests from same said workstation's browser.
Called ComCast Tech support, they argued that the client account had to be a
"Comcast Pro" account to allow such a scenario (the VPNs from the customer
firewall), but did not specify what their definition of Firewall was until
quite later... which was Windows XP workstations running its "firewall"
capability.  This ComCast Pro acct. was supposed to yield 5 "static"
addresses, but this was later defined as 5 addresses randomly chosen from a
255.255.252.0-masked 68.60.x.x network and given "extended" lease
parameters.

Tech support found something wrong with the config of the CableModem, did a
"reset of all systems" and still got no joy on the PIX...but the cable-modem
jacked directly into the workstation would work. :(

Just as a checklist for the obvious question.... Yes, I had already defined
Unreachables, Echo-Reply, and Time-Exceeded to be allowed in from the
outside.  I then even simply changed the rule to allow ICMP Any Any (applied
to the outside interface).

I tried initially setting the PIX to try obtaining its IP via DHCP, but got
nothing.... and the Tech Engineer didn't report "seeing anything coming from
the PIX over the CableModem in terms of BootP/DHCP requests."

Hard-Coding the IP of what was learned from the DHCP successful assignment
to the Workstation when it was connected directly to the CableModem yeilded
the spotty results.

If anyone has any tips or tricks on how to make this work, either via DHCP
or Hard-coding the IP from the ISP, I'd be eternally greatful.  The region
of the ComCast Network that this is being attempted on is in Rome, Georgia.

Thanks,
Mark