On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Kage Roc wrote:

|->Im am not sure why this is happening but I'ill take a stab at it.
|->
|->If a router that is running EIGRP borders 2 major network (i.e.
209.53.131.0
|->----Router-----208.181.160.0) and auto-summary is turned on within the
EIGRP
|->config, it will advertise the 208.181.160.0/24 to the network.  It will
also
|->add the 208.181.160.0/24 to the route table and point it to Null 0.  (Im
not
|->sure why it does this but I bet its to prevent a routing loop) You can try
|->to turn the auto-summ off on that router.  Again I am not sure whats going
|->on here but that is my guess.  Hope this helps :)

>From my reading it does have to do with auto-summary and we have no
auto-sum in the eigrp config. I guess what happened is once the network
was removed from the eigrp config, the RSM said hey wait a minute, Ive got
no knowledge of this network and no where to route it to so I'll just put
in a null0 route for it. I dont know if that is the behaviour of eigrp.
I'll setup the lab here and see if I can duplicate it.

But I ended up just adding a static route for that network and all is
fine.

Thanks,
Keith