I have a cisco router 3640 with 8AM for callback by PSTN.

configuration as follow:

(IOS ver.12.1.T5)

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default local
aaa authentication ppp default local
aaa authorization network default local
enable secret 5 ****
!
username *password *
username **** callback-dialstring **** password 0 ***
username *callback-dialstring "" password*
modem country microcom_hdms ***

***
interface Group-Async2
ip unnumbered Loopback0
no ip proxy-arp
encapsulation ppp
async mode interactive
peer default ip address pool dialpool
ppp callback accept
ppp authentication chap pap
group-range 65 72
!

****

line 65 72
autoselect during-login
autoselect ppp
script modem-off-hook offhook
script callback callback
modem InOut
transport input all
flowcontrol hardware

****************
fault phenomenon :
****************
when i dial router with my PC, The router didn't answer!? If i push line
1(65) is busy and dial router w/ my PC again, the router did answer. At the
same time , i release line 1(65) to idle and repeat above step, the router
answer. :(

I use reverse telnet to line 1(65) to set modem :ATS0=1 ,push it to
autoanswer, repeat above step , can't resovle problem .

problem is IOS ver . , 8AM Module or elsething ....?

question:

what did bring the fault phenomenon ?
how can i resolve this problem?