Guys,

I am studying about TokenRing, RIFs, etc, and I have a question. Let's get
Rossi's paper, per example, using the ilustration o question 20.

Host A - Ring 25 - Bridge 11 - VRing 10 - Bridge 14 - Ring 35 - Host B

Assuming that Host A is sending a packet to Host B, the RIF should look
something like this:

0630.019b.00ae.0230

That's okay, already got it. However, there is a question after that asking
if
Host B was to send a packt to Host A, how would the RD field look like. It's
said to be:

019b.00ae.0230

which I agree that is right, if we consider the previous question. This is
because Host A searched for Host B before Host B searched Host A. My question
is, does Host B keep this RIF for Host A always? What if Host B has already a
RIF with RD 023e.00ab.0190 ? Which one would it use? What if I have both
alternatives (hypothetically) on a CCIE test?

Maybe I am missing something.... :)

Regards,

Persio