This method really helped me, it takes decimal to binary to hex conversion
and back again.  As long as you can do decimal to binary and you know the
first line hex conversion you are set ...

the example will probably make more sense than the instructions.

The method (thanks Dennis)

step 1:  Get decimal to 8 bit binary
step 2:  Split 8 bit binary in half with following table:

         Dec:               0
         Bin:               0 0 0 0    0 0 0 0
         Conversion Factor: 8 4 2 1    8 4 2 1
         Sum:               0 0 0 0    0 0 0 0
         Hex:                     0          0

So, 0 Decimal is 00 Hex

step 3:  When Binary bit is set to "1" bring conversion factor number to the
Sum line.
step 4:  Write Hex numbers per normal Hex conversion table below.

Normal hex table looks like this:

0123456789 A  B  C  D  E  F
0123456789 10 11 12 13 14 15

Example 1.
What is 157 in Hex?

         Decimal:           157
         Bin:               1 0 0 1       1 1 0 1
         Conversion Factor: 8 4 2 1       8 4 2 1
         Sum:               8 0 0 1 =9    8 4 0 1 =13
         Hex:                     9          D

Answer:  157 Decimal is 9D Hex

Example 2.
What is 68 Decimal in Hex?

         Decimal:           68
         Bin:               0 1 0 0       0 1 0 0
         Conversion Factor: 8 4 2 1       8 4 2 1
         Sum:               0 4 0 0 =4    0 4 0 0 = 4
         Hex:                     4             4

Answer:  68 in Decimal is 44 Hex

Example 3.
What is FA Hex in Decimal?

         Hex:                     F            A
         Sum:               8 4 2 1 =15  8 0 2 0 =10
         Conversion Factor: 8 4 2 1      8 4 2 1
         Bin:               1 1 1 1      1 0 1 0
         Decimal:           250

Like I said, the examples are probably better explanation than my steps.

Ed