For spanning tree to work, do all the switches on a network (let us say a
LAN) have to support or enable Spanning Tree?  That is the general question.

Specifically, I have an HP Procurve connected to a router, and then a
Netgear Switch that hooks into one of the ports on the HP.  On the Netgear
are 3 or 4 more Netgear switches (all of there are simple unmanaged
switches)and we are pretty sure there are some redundant loops in there -
especially with two servers that dual NICs that are bound together using an
Intel "teaming" driver.  Do I need to turn Spanning Tree on?  It is
recommended?  Is it even going to work?

Thanx for any input.
Anil Gupte