At 12:19 AM -0400 5/2/02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Hi ! All,
>
>Can any one please break this password?
>
>enable secret 5 $1$rMrT$blzJIo4ZyCBfJkvu2CP/Z1
>
>Thanks in advance.

>WARNING
>      This message may contain information that is confidential
>      and may be subject to the provisions of section 61A of the
>      Police Act 1958, which creates an offence to have unlawful
>      possession of Police documents. If you are not the
>      intended recipient of this message or have received
>      this message in error, you must not peruse, use, pass or
>      copy this message or any of its contents.
>
>      Also note, the views expressed in this message may not
>      necessarily reflect those of the New Zealand Police.

It would be extremely legally risky for anyone to break a password
without knowing why it is to be broken, the requester has the
authority, etc.

Since you are posting from an apparent government account, I suggest
you contact the US Embassy and ask for the Legal Attache, who is an
FBI agent.  The FBI does offer cryptanalytic support to law
enforcement organizations.  It has a fair capability of its own, or
may go to NSA when needed.