Have you compared the serial numbers you find when you do a "show c7200"
with the actual serial number on the chassis of the router? I think that you
are getting the serial numbers of cards in the box.
On the larger point I am not aware of any CLI command that will output the
box serial number. Some folks configure the serial number into a banner.
Others create a named access list and then add a remark line with the serial
number. Obviously they don't apply the list. I seem to remember that our
SNMP experts have ways of finding or storing serial numbers.