saw this one come through the other day:

http://www.varbusiness.com/Sections/News/BreakingNews.asp?ArticleID=35063

"One Cisco distributor on hand in Florida summed up the problem this way:
"We buy Cisco gear at 42 points off [list] but routinely see it being dumped
by one carrier for 45 points or more. Given that, there's no way that little
guys can compete."

"Recognizing that smaller partners are key to penetrating tens of thousands
of smaller accounts where Cisco hopes to dominate, the vendor has demanded
that this action stop. It has even gone so far as to indicate that it will
not tolerate those who don't live up to the spirit of their contracts and
stop doing business with them in the manner in which it does today. "

Me thinking: I'll keep that in mind next time Cisco beats me in a contest by
selling directly to my customer at several points off below what I can do.

One IOS to forward them all
One IOS to find them
One IOS to summarize them all
And in the routing tables bind them

- JRR Chambers -

PS - buried far into the article is the comment that "specialization is
here to stay"  oh joy!