Hi All,

Today I sat for the CCIE beta exam. Whoooooooo!!! what
a monster!!! Cisco finally came out with a way to
filter people in the first stage only. I found this
exam very tough and comprehensive. It can easily
distinguish a man from a kid.

Cisco definitely assumes two things:

1. You know your stuff, no doubt about that, so lets
not waste time in asking those things. Why not go for
some applied stuff like scenarios, real world examples
and sometimes real problems too.Why u guys dont apply
whatever u have learnt?

2. You are definitely ready to take ur lab exam in a
month or so and after passing this exam u gonna book
ur flight to San Jose.

I am CCNP,CCDP and  have routing experience of around
2 years, definitely not upto the standard of most of
you guys, but trust me, I was lost in some routing
questions also. During the exam, there was only one
thought on my mind: " Shahid, u have to go a long way,
its just a start"

I now exactly know what I need to learn and many
thanks to Cisco as these guys put a real good effort
in writing some amazing questions for this exam. Even
if I fail this beta, I'll go for the same damn exam
again. I wannna face this challenge!!!!!!

Now without voilating the NDA, topics are:

IP Multicasting (heavy)

QoS (few but good ones)

6500 Switching (Yes, everything u can cover about this
box. During exam I came to know what this monster can
do!! PVLANs, VACLs, RACLs, and all little details
about architecture)

OSPF (ok)
BGP (ok~Heavy)
IS-IS (ok)
EIGRP (ok)
Mixed routing protocol scenarios (I lost all my colour
here and my big expectations from MYSELF got a big
dent here. Trust me, no exaggeration!!!

IPX and DLSW+

MPLS,SIP,Basic TCP/IP, VoX, ATM, FR, x25, DDR

RADIUS,TACACS+, IPSec and PIXes!!!!!!!!!

And some weird stuff about Cisco hardware, flash,
codes etc. I know exactly now how to cover this stuff
and how important to know it if u wanna be a true
Cisco Engineer.

Links provided by Cisco with the blueprint are DAMN
IMPORTANT to know. Trust me on that too and bookmark
them immediately.

Ill take a break today and start with my MCNS which is
scheduled next week.

If I pass, thats fine but if I fail, Ill sit for this
same exam when it'll go live. No old stuff anymore!!

I hope people will depend on books and reading to pass
this test rather than depending on dumps and
shortcuts. If u pass this test in a proper way, trust
me u ll be happy with ur ACHIEVEMENT.

Again kudos to Cisco for coming up with such a nice
and comprehensive exam!!! Good Job!!! and thanks to
all at Groupstudy for their help.

Thanks,

Shahid

=====
Shahid Muhammad Shafi

"Every man dies; not every man really lives"

Please help feed hungry people worldwide http://www.hungersite.com/
A small thing each of us can do to help others less fortunate than ourselves

http://health.yahoo.com