cisco's CDP but you must have all cisco devices for this to work.

>>> "Seelinger Bruce"  05/07/02 08:40AM >>>
Does anyone know of a layer 2 connectivity test tool - something the
equivalent of a MAC address based "ping" tool, (yes - I know that ping
uses
ICMP at layer 3, but you get the idea).  Basically, have a bridged
network
where we want to perform a simple test to see if certain MAC filters
are
working appropriately.  Need to probe a target node based on it's MAC
address and see if it responds.  Searched the net pretty extensively
but no
luck.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help.