Hi group, I had the following additional questions may be some one can
answer or has experience with:

 So if I have several switches and I want switch A to be the root of VLAN 5
 would the command  "set spantree 5" on switch A make it the root. What if
switch Z is added to the network,  is there a chance that this switch under
the right circumstances will become the root. I guess what I am trying to
ask is how can I make sure that switch A will always stay the root bridge
 for VLAN 5.
 Also related to above, once I run "set spantree root 5" will spanning tree
 protocol re-initialize and all the ports will go thru the different states
 of spanning tree. I am worried about all the servers and workstations that
are connected to this switch. Will I need to reboot them.

 I hope I don't sound confusing, I am just trying to find the best way to do
 this at work.