All,

   I need to setup my first real NAT statement (as opposed to just a PAT
statement) and I need some
help with the Access List config.

   I have a T1 with 6 public IP's, with all my users nat'ing through the
last 2 IP's with an ip nat
pool/source list statement. The list basically blocks outgoing kazaa,
netbios, and morpheus. I have
my email server pat'd to another IP higher in the list and the problem I am
running in to is that
the mail server uses the same IP's in the nat pool statement when it sends
mail out - which is
causing me reverse lookup headaches. So I want to do a true nat statement
for the mail server so
it's sending and receiving IP's are the same and I can get a reverse lookup
setup for it.

   If I understand IP/TCP/UDP correctly, the client establishes a connection
to the service port on
the remote computer and the remote computer in turn establishes a connection
to some random port >
1024 on the client. Is that correct?

   So the issue for now becomes, how to restrict access to the mail server
for just 22, (for remote
management) 25, 110, and 6169 (a webmail server) and still allow the
returning nat connections to
the clients? This is what I picture so far.

access-list 101 permit tcp any (external ip) eq 22
access-list 101 permit tcp any (external ip) eq 25
access-list 101 permit tcp any (external ip) eq 110
access-list 101 permit tcp any (external ip) eq 6169
access-list 101 deny tcp any any lt 1024
access-list 101 deny udp any any lt 1024

then I start to get a bit hazy as to the returning nat connections for the
clients......perhaps
access-list 101 permit tcp/upd any any range 1025-65535?

I'm assuming also that this will be applied in on the Serial interface.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Stephen Hoover
Dallas, Texas