Hi,

Not really a question but more of an observation.

I put a lab together do demonstrate IGRP unequal cost
load balancing recently, and configured 2 loopback
addresses at either end of the network and advertised
them via the network command.

I calculated the BWigrp + DLYigrp i.e the metric
associated with the distant virtual loopback and found
that I was 500 short when working out the composite
metric.

This had me for a while but as I couldn't alter the
minimum B/W for the path i.e 10^7/1544 I knew that I
needed to alter the Delay summation by 5000.

Anyway, on the distant router I then configured an E0
network and advertised that and found that the
composite metric calculation was smaller than that of
the virtual interface !!!

Which is puzzling. i.e the delay associated with a
virtual interface is 5000 micro secs and the delay for
the e0 interface is 1000 microsecs.

I suppose it has to be set to something though, i.e it
isn't a dynamic property and you don't know at any one
particular time what the loading on the router will
be.

Phil.

http://uk.my.yahoo.com