But if he's trying to practice doing FastEthernet VLAN trunking..... =)

But I agree, if you're looking to simply route, get a router with 2 ethernet
interfaces and connect one to each VLAN..... if you need to route between
more than 2 VLANs, then you'll need a router that supports trunking on the
FastEthernet port (I know the 4000 series supports this, but not for sure
about anything lower..... wouldn't be surprised if the 2600/3600 series
supported this....)

Mike W.