Way way off topic. I am having a discussion with someone about strategic
versus tactical thinking. the context is where in that dichotomy  CIO's /
CTO's should be. Someone used the analogy of various military generals.

In any case, my contention is that Grant was neither. He merely threw
resources ( soldiers ) at the problem, and eventually won because he had
more resources to throw. Lee was at best a tactical thinker who in the end
lost in part because he could not accept that his lieutenant James
Longstreet was a superior strategic thinker and so ignored his good advice.

Contact me off line. It's bad enough that I even post the question here.

thanks.

apologies to everyone else.

Chuck