Dear group,
When my CPE  comes up, it makes a dhcp request. The DHCP server is located on
a different subnet .Between dhcp client (CPE) and dhcp server there is a
router whit "ip helper-address" configured.
My question is the following: if the DHCP server has to assign a specific IP
address to a specific MAC address (CPE's MAC address) but there is a router
between them, the DCHP will read the router MAC address...how does it works?
Where  DHCP will read the correct mac address before giving the right IP
address?

Thanks in advace,
Teresa