Earlier today I proposed putting together some comparative information on
the various ISDN Simulators available. Since the question "which simulator
do I buy?" comes up regularly on the list, I though a cooperative effort to
develop an answer would be an interesting exercise for the group.  Just to
start the conversation, here's a review of the two that I have in my home
pod...

Arca Emutel Lite
Recent e-bay sales: $1,250 - $1,400

Features:
* 2 port BRI
* Switch types supported: NAT-1, DMS100 and 5ESS

Default settings (just because I think its useful):

Port    B-channel       DN              SPID
1               1               384000  3840000001
1               2               384010  3840000002
2               1               384020  3840200001
2               2               384030  3840200002

The default ISDN switch-type is "basic-dms100"

Pro:
* Been using it for a year without a problem
* Built-in battery backup means you can use it without AC power for a quick
demonstration
* Supports either "S" (4-wire) or "U" (2-wire) interfaces (selected through
software)
* Simple console-like configuration

Con:
* Since I'm using 2503's, it requires 2 x NT1 (approx $30 each on ebay)
* Power supply is an external brick.  Minor thing, but kind of annoying.

Teltone ILS-B-01 ISDN Demonstrator
Recent e-bay sales: $1,225 - $1,599 (New from the manufacture, $1,855.00)

Features:
* 2 port BRI
* Switch types supported: NAT-1, AT&T Custom

Port    B-channel       DN              SPID
1               1               835-8661        0835866101
1               2               835-8663        0835866301
2               1               835-8662        0835866201
2               2               835-8664        0835866401

The default ISDN switch-type is "basic-nil"

Pro:
* Built in power supply.
* Windows-based configuration (I haven't tried it yet, but the book makes it
look easy)

Con:
* Since I'm using 2503's, it requires 2 x NT1 (approx $30 each on ebay)
* Only has "U" Interfaces

I look forward to seeing what other people have used...

Thanks...

--- Dennis