Yeah...... in the switch, get the MACs of all of the devices attached to
that port, then go to the router that acts as the gateway for that subnet
that those devices are in, and do a 'show arp' then (hopefull you have a
good terminal program to) search through and find the IPs that go with the
MACs.....

I don't quite know what you're saying about "have your host ping all known
IPs so it's ARPs them..."....  If you're not on the same IP subnet, all your
ARP is going to get you is the MAC of your gateway router, and either way,
unless you're on the same switch with the target devices, pinging or ARPing
or whatever isn't going to pull the target MACs into the CAM on your
switch....

Mike W.

"Jeff Harris"  wrote in message
> I always go to the switch and look through the CAM table. I pull out the
MAC