Frank you say it definately works, I wish it would have worked for me on
Friday :) But you are correct in saying it is for more than DHCP and BOOTP
by default there are 8 ports that are forwarded. I guess the only thing I
can do is put a sniffer in and see what is going on, but of course when
you got 800 some people yelling and screaming they do not care about what
is causing it they just want it fixed especially if one of those
individuals happen to be the CEO :). With my luck the DHCP server will
never crash again just because I got the sniffer in place now. In the lab
I did see on sniffer traces that a unicast was sent to each dhcp server,
so what was going on Friday is still sort of a mystery to me.Thanks for all
the replies.