OK, let me try to put a closure to the thread.

I think the real problem is not all lab-rats, but arrogance in general, and
specifically the arrogance of certain lab-rats who just passed the lab and
now think they're great and, just like that, think they deserve to be handed
the director's chair.  Like I've said, I have no problem with lab-rats in
general.  The problem is with a certain vocal subgroup of lab-rats who are
suffering from delusions of grandeur.

For example, I leave you with this quote from another message board:

"I passes [sic] my CCNA few months ago. It was an OK test, but I almost
failed it. I was planning on taking my CCNP and CCIE, but I didnt think I
could do it. So I decided to look for a training course. Anyway, people that
are trying to pass CCIE or are planning on taking CCIE, I wan't to let you
guys know that I found a great school for Cisco training. It is called [name
deleted]...Wahoo, soon I will pass my CCIE and will be making over 100K"

Lest you think I'm making this quote up, you can email me and I'll send you
the link to find it.  And no, it's not from a guy who's working at that
school (at least, it doesn't seem like it).  And this quote is not uncommon.
You'll find numerous quotes like this all over the place, and you'll find
lots of people who think this way.  It is precisely that kind of attitude,
and not lab-rats in general, that deserves to be targeted.