I have a question, Howard - in line:

""Howard C. Berkowitz""  wrote in message
> This is one of those posts where the attributions have gotten very
> confused. Comments inline.

snip for brevity

> It can be done, if both ISPs agree to it and coordinate their routing
> policies. A public AS, however, is justified in this circumstance.
>
> While doesn't quite describe this situation, look at RFC 2270 for the
> general strategy. Both ISPs have to remove private AS.  This will
> also cause more than one ISP to appear to originate the route, which
> is a technical violation of BGP (i.e., it's an "inconsistent route"),
> but that isn't that uncommon and doesn't seem to break anything.

Question: in an ideal world, what would happen when an "inconsistant route"
shows up? idealy, would that route be black holed?
Since it is "common" and since it "doesn't seem to break anything" in ral
terms, what happens? BGP advertises reachability to other BGP routers, be
they internal or external. But in terms of a packet traveling from my house
to a destination that is "inconsistant" what happens? What matters? My
packet continues to be passed from here to there until some directly
connected router receives it. I'm assuming that "inconsistant" does not
imply "loop"

thanks.