You need the IP-Helper address on the router interface which is nearest to
your DHCP clients, so if I'm understanding your set-up, it would be on the
1720 ethernet and the helper address would be that of your DHCP server.
Obviously you will have to have a scope on your DHCP server which
corresponds to the ethernet subnet on your 1720.
You may want to control which ports are forwarded as an IP helper address
sends a lot more than just DHCP, such as TFTP, Bootp, DNS, and a few others
IIRC, so use no ip forward-protocol udp [port number]

I'm sure others will chip in with pointers for ISDN usage.

Gaz

""Shane Stockman""  wrote in message
> I have a Cisco 1720 router with 2 x BRI modules and a cisco switch
connected
> with a couple of PC's.These dial into a Cisco 3640 router.I want to setup
> DHCP.I have a DHCP server on the 3640 side with an address range.I looked
> for a sample config on Cisco.com but all I got was how to configure a
Router