Yup, I was going to say the same thing about lack of QoS, etc. Really I
was. ;-)

I would add that delay is non deterministic with 802.11b. It's carrier
sense multiple access. Although it's also collision avoidance (CSMA/CA),
collisions do happen nonetheless.

Voice prefers short and non-variable delay. But it would probably work
anyway. The good news is that you're only planning to have two devices
share the medium (air), if you plan to just use wireless between the two
bridges. So, the delay is somewhat less variable than it would be if you
were running voice with multiple devices accessing an Access Point.

Priscilla

At 06:14 AM 5/29/02, Steven A. Ridder wrote:
>You can, but there haven't been any serious QOS techniques released yet in
>the AiroNet series products yet.  The other problem is that the media isn't
>switched, so it's basically a hub in the sky.
>
>It's a rumor/myth that voice dose't work in 802.11b. There's actucally a
>wireless 802.11b IP  phone out there by Symbol.  Anything that works in
>ethernet will work in 802.11b (except for trunking).
>
>--
>
>RFC 1149 Compliant.
>

>""Khurrum Shahzad""  wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Can we use voice through Wireless Ethernet Bridge (like cisco Aironet )?
>Is
> > is possible to use voice if two cisco router having voice module and
>FXO/FXS
> > are placed on two location connected through wireless bridge? I read that
> > 802.11b has a drawback of lack of interoperability with voice devies.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > --
> > Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
> > http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com