Hi all,
I appreciate any feedback to my question:
I am setting up a lab environment and intially trying
to configure a router and a pix behind it.
my router's outside interface is connected to a cable
modem and have a live ip address assigned to it.
cable modempix--------> inside
hosts.

the router's inside interface has a private ip add. of
172.16.1.1 /24 and the pix' outside interface is
172.161.1.2 /24.  the inside interface of the pix has
an ip address of 10.1.1.1 /24 and all inside hosts
have that as the default gateway. securities are set
up correctly on the inside and outside interfaces.
I am using a global pat address, different from the
one on the router's interface connected to the cable
modem (no statics going on in the pix). i am unable to
reach the internet even when I use the statement:
"conduit permit ip any any"  and no packets are able
to reach the 172.16.1.0 network from the inside hosts
not even the 172.16.1.2 address which belongs to the
pix's outside interface.
 I have a "route outside 0 0 172.16.1.2" statement as
well.
from the router I can ping inside hosts, with the
correct route statement.

hope this is enough information. please help!
thanks
Tony

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com