Howard,
               Thanks for the notice on rfc2260.  I took a minute to read it
and I can see the benefits in that
the BGP metrics complied by the Routing Table Analysis(APNIC) shows that
25%(if I'm not mistaken)
of the BGP FIB is made up of /24 prefixes.  Rfc2270, does fall in line with
rfc1930 assumptions of allowing
only the provider's existing aggregate to be advertised upstream. the
question is still relevant since the filtering
by ISPs are based on IRRs information, which is at present not completely
reliable.  However, I remember
reading recently(I can't remember the document), where the preference was to
have the more specific route
information as the primary whereas when this information no longer exist,
then the aggregate prefix would
provide NLRI to the desired network prefixes.

For all interested.. here is another really good presentation on Multi-homed
BGP.
http://www.apnic.net/meetings/10/programme/presentations/4-Multihoming-6up.P
DF

you just gotta love the Internet and access to information of this kind.

Nigel