From: Ole Drews Jensen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 12:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: PIX - Why NO glaobal (outside) command [7:45676]

NAT and GLOBAL is used for inside to outside communication.

STATIC is used for outside to inside communication.

Since the device(s) we're talking about seems to be a server/service of
some kind located on your inside network, you use the NAT 0 to let the
server communicate outbound with the same (unNATed) IP address, and you
use STATIC with the same IP for global and local so outside clients can
access the services running on the server.

Hth,

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Ole Drews Jensen