You have totally misunderstood what I was saying, and it was in my
original email I hope no one else took it this way and just think I am a
total idiot. My company where the vpn concentrators are located has 2
ds3's to the internet, that is 45mb on each ds3 with a total 90mb to the
net. What we used for testing the client piece was a dsl connection and a
cable connection and dialup I hope this clears things up for you.
I do not know where you are located but even in this day and age bandwidth
is still extremely expensive and a 100m conection wow you make it seem as
if everyone has this type of connection where you are. And I would rather
have 2 45mb connections than one 100mb anyday, reason redundancy and a tad
bit of load balancing tho not true load balancing with bgp. We get full
routes from both providers which are 2 different tier1 providers Sprint
and UUnet and we distribute the default route from both into our IGP. This
is great for when you have a farmer doing some digging and happens to cut
through UUnet's pipe which happens to be carrying about 128 ds'3 that
can't get put back together until about 7 hours later. :)
Sorry for the confusion