I have to ask why go through the heartache of building something like this?
oh yes, it can be done.. but the 501 *new* is 425 delivered and is running
6.1  About the only thing that I have found it wont do is redundent
failover(no port) and a *real* DMZ again because of the 2 port limit. If you
are considering the 506, then you do not seem to care about 2 port limit??

I am assumning this is for a lab as I would not expect any self repecting
engineer to put a *frankenPIX* in a production network.

You must have found the same place I did for the flash.. so far as I know
it's Cisco's card or nothing.

Besides, the 501 is so dinky, that it takes virtually no space in the rack :)

MikeS