I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are referring to Craig, but it
might help.  We also have had problems doing VPN Client connections behind
PAT.  Its only in places where the DSL/Cable router cannot support PAT on
unknown ports, like UDP 10000 which is default for VPN 3000 connections.
Linksys routers are an example.  The workaround is in 3000 concentrator
version 3.5 where you can do IPSec via TCP.  So you can setup PAT on known
ports, like TCP port 80.