My understanding is that 1 & 2 are produced in house, and 3 is produced out
of house.  I used 1 & 2 and was very happy with the results.  The caveat
however is that was a 2.0 test.  If you are not already registered you will
be taking a 3.0 test.  While I am sure basics of multicasting, HSRP etc have
not changed, I am sure that 3.0 will require you to know the newer equipment
and how Cisco wants you to position it.  Knowing what type of equipment to
use where was a part of the 2.0 test.

Steve Ringley, CCNP