you need to clear your router isis command then put it back in again.
Please remember that you should end with .00 so your net address should be
net 0000.0100.0000.08de.dc8f.4401

-----Original Message-----
From: Cisco Nuts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 June 2002 22:55
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: %CLNS: System ID Assignment Problem!! [7:46161]

Hello,
I am trying to configure a net address on my router but keep getting this
error msg.

RTB(config)#router isis
RTB(config-router)#net 00.0001.0000.0008.dedc.8f44
%CLNS: System ID (0000.08DE.DC8F.00) must not change when defining
additional area addresses

Any ideas?

I want this router to be in area 1 (0001) and am using the Mac addr. of the
Token Ring intf. as the System ID....Doyle Vol.1

RTB#sh int to0
TokenRing0 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is TMS380, address is 0008.dedc.8f44 (bia 0008.dedc.8f44)
  Internet address is 10.1.2.1/24

I had previously configed. a different net addr on this router using a 47.
addr. and thought that this might be the problem. Thus Did a no router isis,
rebooted the router and tried again, Same problem....

Please advise.

Thank you.